Thursday, May 20, 2010

Millacs Kathio site 42E

In amongst the cherished emails found in my outlook folder, 'warm fuzzies', is an email from Stacy Anderson, dated March 4th, 2010.


" registration complete. i got the BEST site evahhhhh ... #42e
http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/state_parks/spk00232_camp.pdf
be there or be square."


The date is set for....TOMORROW. My first camping trip of the year.
Mille Lacs Kathio State Park is top on my favorite campsites. Friendly staff, fantastic program lead often by Jim Cummings, a long history of great times, beautiful scenery, and the list goes on.

Although originally planned for 2 nights, life happened, and I need to be back for the very important baptism of my God-daughter. One night it will be. I toyed with two nights but finally decided that going reeking of campfire would be a little...wrong. Even though Barrett said she would need to get used to it. :)

My first camping supply item was purchased on Tuesday and partially packed on Wednesday.

Very cool to be able to organize by color; it will be so much easier to find things!

Today at lunch, I found a sunny spot to park my car and my friend Amanda and cleaned out the car.

I am so ready.

No comments: