Friday, April 2, 2010

the infamous SPAM cook-off


I am laying on my side, my top leg at an angle, my arms all tangle in wierd configurations.
I look over and say, "oh hey, I haven't seen you in a while"
"Hey, How are you! Any plans for your spam campout this year", the response.
"oh!", says the deep voice from above, "take a deep breath in now, and ouuuut." craaack. "that's a good one. So you're the one with the spam and camping?!"

Yes, Hulking Riley the chiropractic intern, I am the one.
and Yes, Dr. Brad, there are plans for this year.
Last September, there was a Howk/Dauer/Ingvaldson camping trip. The mission, to bring spam to a new level. There was a competition. Entries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack.
One of my favorite parts of the whole experience was the complete committment that Barrett put into developing a meal entry for the weekend. It involved time, recipes, trips to the hardware store, intestines and grilling.

No comments: